Simple guide for create joomla quickstart package
Quickstart packages are a really cool way to get started with joomla template or a complex component.
It’s a customized package of joomla which you can do some changes in (components, templates, modules, plugins and version customizations).
At this post I added simple guide to creating custom packages for joomla (Quickstrat package) that help you to create any kind of site per-installed such as: E-commerce, listing, community, blog …etc.
To start joomla quickstart we need to the following:
- Last version of joomla.
- All the files from the joomla installation you wan to package.
- A MySQL database dump of your site.
- A compression tool eg: Winrar, Winzip, 7-Zip.
- Create an empty folder and give it name eg: joomla-quickstart-package.
- Copy all the files of our custom installation of Joomla then delete ‘configuration.php’ file.
- Unpack the last version of Joomla you just downloaded to a temporary folder then move ‘installation’ directory into folder created in step1 (joomla-quickstart-package).
- Go to phpMyAdmin and get the mysql dump of your database and rename the file to ‘sample_data.sql’.
- Copy ‘sample_data.sql’ file into ‘Joomla-quickstart-packageinstallationsql mysql’ and replace the existing file.
- Compress the folder ‘Joomla-quickstart-package’ using your preferred compression tool.
At this step we have created our joomla quickstart package successfully and it will be ready to redistributed.